What are Sexual Offences?
Criminal Code Definition of Sexual Assault:
265 (1) A person commits an assault when
- without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;
- he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or
- while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs.
(2) This section applies to all forms of assault, including sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, threats to a third party or causing bodily harm, and aggravated sexual assault.
Additional Sexual Offences:
- Indecent Acts – Criminal Code Section 173
- Voyeurism – Criminal Code Section 162
- Incest – Criminal Code Sections 155
- Luring – Criminal Code Section 172.1
- Child Pornography – Criminal Code Section 163.1
- Sexual Interference – Criminal Code Section 151
- Invitation to Sexual Touching – Criminal Code Section 152
- Sexual Exploitation of a Minor or a Person with a Disability – Criminal Code Sections 153 and 153.1
Sexual Offences are very serious charges which can result in extremely serious penalties if convicted. As a result, it is very important to have an experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer to help guide you through the entire process. Alex at De Boyrie Law has experience in assisting clients with all manner of sexual assault cases.
What can De Boyrie Law do for you?
If you are found guilty of any Sexual Offences, there are very serious impacts on your life that can affect future employment, travel plans, and more.
Alex De Boyrie has experience successfully representing clients who have been accused of Sexual Offences. He has a strong track record of having penalties reduced, and charges were completely withdrawn. We believe in crafting an individualized defence for each case and providing each client with the utmost attention to detail and representation. We are covering Toronto, Vaughan, and the Greater Toronto Area.
If you or someone you know has been charged with any Sexual Offences, please call us today for a consultation at (416) 727-1389.