Thefts & Robbery
What is Theft & Robbery?
Criminal Code Definition of Theft
322 (1) Every one commits theft who fraudulently and without colour of right takes, or fraudulently and without colour of right converts to his use or to the use of another person, anything, whether animate or inanimate, with intent
- To deprive, temporarily or absolutely, the owner of it, or a person who has a special property or interest in it, of the thing or of his property or interest in it;
- To pledge it or deposit it as security;
- To part with it under a condition with respect to its return that the person who parts with it may be unable to perform; or
- To deal with it in such a manner that it cannot be restored in the condition in which it was at the time it was taken or converted.
Criminal Code Definition of Robbery
343 Every one commits robbery who
- Steals, and for the purpose of extorting whatever is stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to the stealing, uses violence or threats of violence to a person or property;
- Steals from any person and, at the time he steals or immediately before or immediately thereafter, wounds, beats, strikes or uses any personal violence to that person;
- Assaults any person with the intent to steal from him; or
- Steals from any person while armed with an offensive weapon or imitation thereof.
Theft and Robbery are serious charges which can result in very serious penalties if convicted. As a result, it is very important to have an experienced criminal theft lawyer to guide you through the process. We will ensure you get the best defence possible in each and every case. Specifically, we at De Boyrie Law cover residents of Toronto, Vaughan, and the Greater Toronto Area.
What can De Boyrie Law do for you?
If you are convicted of Theft or Robbery, you will experience serious impacts in your life. As a result, this can affect future employment, travel plans, and more.
Alex De Boyrie has experience successfully representing clients who have been accused of Theft and Robbery. As a Theft lawyer and Robbery Lawyer, Alex has a strong track record. Particularly, he has fought to have penalties reduced, and charges completely withdrawn. Accordingly, we believe in crafting an individualized defence for each case. We provide each client with the utmost attention to detail and representation.
If you or someone you know has been charged with Theft or Robbery, please call De Boyrie Law today for a consultation at (416) 727-1389. We are committed to always answering your calls!